Complete the online application and pay the $30 (U.S. funds) non-refundable fee.
Step 2: Official transcripts and official test scores must be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
MGA code for the SAT is 5411.
MGA code for the ACT is 0837.
Step 3: Submit appropriate documentation for Verification of Lawful Presence.
The Board of Regents of University System of Georgia (USG) has recently instituted new policies that affect all applicants who seek in-state tuition at USG institutions. According to USG policy, individuals who apply, or are re-entering, for Fall 2011 and beyond must submit documentation of US citizenship or permanent residency before being considered for in-state tuition. The following documents serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States. One of the following is required before you are eligible for in-state tuition:
- Present an original birth certificate or send a certified birth certificate showing the applicant was born in the US or a US territory. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Present student’s current military ID (service member only, not dependent). Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Copy of a current US passport.
- Copy of a current driver’s license/ID issued by the state of Georgia after January 1, 2008. (Note: A limited license or a license issued for a period of less than two years is not acceptable.)
- Copy of a US certificate of naturalization.
- Copy of a US certificate of citizenship.
- A US certificate of birth abroad issued by the Department of State or a consular report of birth abroad.
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551).
- Eligibility for federal student aid confirmed by Financial Aid. The Middle Georgia State University FAFSA code is 001581. (Confirmation will be submitted electronically to the Admissions office.)
If you do not provide any of the above documentation, regardless of how long you have lived in Georgia, you will be classified as an out-of-state student and must pay out-of-state tuition. To avoid paying out-of-state tuition (if you believe you qualify for the in-state rate), submit one of the above documents, or complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Once documentation is received, your application will be evaluated for in-state tuition. Please Note: If you have been classified as an out-of-state student for tuition purposes, verification of lawful presence in the United States may not change your status as an out-of-state student. Additional information may be needed.
Step 4: Submit proof of immunizations.
Step 5: Apply early for financial aid! Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The FAFSA school code for MGA is 001581.
The address for mailing documentation is:
Middle Georgia State University
Office of Admissions
100 University Parkway
Macon, GA 31206