Move On When Ready
Move On When Ready provides Georgia high school students with an opportunity to earn college credit while working towards their high school diploma. This statewide program contains provisions designed to provide financial assistance for families that would otherwise be unable to participate in a dual-enrollment program.
- Rising 10th-12th grade students seeking a high school diploma from an eligible Georgia high school, home school, or home study program.
- MOWR Students can enroll in either Full-time or Part-time classes up to 15 hours. Students can enroll in Fall, Spring, and/or Summer semesters.
- Tuition, textbooks, and mandatory fees, with the exception of course specific fees, are paid for by the Georgia Student Finance Commission. Visit GAFutures for more information.
- A high school GPA in core curriculum classes of 3.0 or higher
- Must be on-track to complete Required High School Curriculum requirements
- Must have taken the SAT or ACT Test
- SAT Requirements
- Combined Critical Reading and Math SAT score of at least 970 (new SAT scores must be converted to old scores and then added together)
- SAT taken before March 2016: Minimum of 430 verbal and 400 Math
- SAT from March 2016 to current: Minimum of 24 Reading and a 440 Math score
- ACT requirement
- Composite score of 20
- Minimum of 17 math and 17 English score
Convert Your New SAT Scores
After You Apply: Acceptance, Advisement, and Class Registration
- After you submit your application, the Admissions Office will evaluate your application to make sure that you meet the admissions requirements.
- IF you are accepted, you complete and return your MOWR Participation Agreement
- Download and print the Participation Agreement Form
- The form must be completed and signed by you, your parent/guardian, and your high school guidance counselor.
- Your high school guidance counselor must complete the Course Equivalence section of the Participation Agreement.
- Click here and select “Middle Georgia State University” from the “University System of Georgia Institutions” menu for a list of MOWR course equivalencies offered at Middle Georgia State.
- Return your Participation Agreement by scanning and emailing the completed form to
- Once your Participation Agreement is received, you will be contacted by the Assistant Director of Admissions to schedule an advisement appointment and get registered for classes.
- Review the ‘Next Steps After Admission’ for important information regarding
If you have any questions about Move On When Ready or the application process, please call the Office of Admissions at 478-471-2725 or email . Or you can contact Maggie Schuyler at 478-929-6716 or email .
All documentation can be submitted by mail to:
Middle Georgia State University
Office of Admissions
100 University Parkway
Macon GA 31206