Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Information
In accordance with the University System of Georgia Policy Manual 184.108.40.206, Middle Georgia State University may award out-of-state tuition differential waivers and assess in-state tuition for certain non-Georgia residents in the categories below.
Waivers are awarded for one academic year, but some of them can be renewed annually. All students must reapply each year for the requested waiver by the start of the term.
- Border State for students domiciled in Alabama, Florida, and South Carolina who pursue an undergraduate degree through the School of Aviation.
- Economic Advantage for students whose self or family have relocated to Georgia to accept full-time, self-sustaining employment and have established domicile in Georgia
- Full-Time Public School and Technical College System of Georgia employees or dependents
- Full-Time USG employees or dependents
- Georgia National Guard and Reserves personnel who are stationed in or assigned to active duty in Georgia (applicable for spouses and dependents)
- Military Personnel stationed in or assigned to active duty in Georgia (applicable for military spouses and dependents)
- Non-Resident Students whose parent or court-appointed legal guardian has maintained domicile in Georgia for at least twelve consecutive months prior to enrollment at the college or students whose spouses have maintained domicile in Georgia for at least twelve consecutive months prior to enrollment at the college
- Presidential Waivers - Academic and International
- Recently Separated Military personnel who have separated within the past thirty-six (36) months who enroll in an academic program and show intent to become a permanent resident of Georgia; or any separated service member or any student utilizing transferred VA educational benefits, and physically residing in the state, who enrolls within one hundred-twenty (120) months of separation is also eligible.
If you believe you may be eligible for one of these waivers, please select the appropriate form; review all required documentation for the waiver request; complete the form and provide all information to the Admissions Office, Macon Campus via email email@example.com. For specific questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (478) 471-2725.