Advising Information & Resources
Note: In the event of a discrepancy between the Middle Georgia State University Catalog and any
departmental materials (including Advising Worksheets), the Middle Georgia State Catalog prevails.
All students must meet with their advisor before each semester of study to assist with course selection and academic planning. Many academic programs require specific sequencing in order to reach degree completion in a timely manner. Also, students frequently benefit from guidance in exploring potential majors and coordinating career goals with education opportunities or study aboard programs.
This webpage will serve as a type of portal to make it easy for students to access the resources needed during Advising and Registration. Provided to the right are important links to assist students with the processes.
Find Your Advisor
Advisors are expected to...
- Comply with requirements of the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act and other college regulations.
- Understand Middle Georgia State University program/degree requirements and effectively communicate them.
- Assist advisees in making course selections and long term plans.
- Be a point source for resources and referrals.
- Be available throughout the academic year, including prior to and during early registration.
- Make sure students know how to create a schedule and register for classes.
Advisees are expected to...
- Respect the advisor.
- Make, keep, and be on time for appointments.
- Study (read and apply) the information in the Academic Catalog found at Quick Links: Catalog (under Resources).
- Be prepared for appointments with questions and thoughts.
- Be familiar with program of study/degree requirements/curriculum (learn about prerequisites, etc.).
- Review the schedule of classes for a specific semester (update current search) at Quick Links: Course Schedule (under Resources).