THE TUITION / FEE PAYMENT PROCESS
At Middle Georgia State University we strive to maintain a tuition / fee payment process that simplifies payments for students, improves communication about deadlines between students and the Bursar's Office, and encourages students to finalize registration before classes begin. The major points of the process are listed below, but remember, if you ever have any questions about the tuition / fee payment process or your payment status, please call the Bursar's Office at (877) 238-8664 or stop by any of our payment locations.
- Students' classes will be automatically secured when sufficient aid to cover tuition and fees is awarded. To check payment status, go to SWORDS to confirm award status. What do I owe? How do I pay? Instructions Here
- To better inform students of approaching deadlines, the Bursar's Office will send billing notifications to students who have not completed the payment process. These notifications are delivered via eBill paperless billing (electronically). After receiving email notification from email@example.com informing that a new eBill is ready, students will access the bill via single sign-on through SWORDS.
- Login to SWORDS
- Click on the “Student” tab
- Click on “Pay Now” option link
- You are then redirected to your ePayment account. Bills are located in the “Your Bills” section of the page
- To encourage students to register before classes begin, a late registration fee of $50 will be assessed for students registering during the late registration period.
To ensure that you are aware of all payment deadlines, check your campus email account early and often! Here are some more helpful hints to help you navigate through the process:
- Complete your financial aid process EARLY so that your award is posted prior to the payment deadline.
- Don't wait until the payment deadline to check your financial aid status in case something is needed to complete your file! Check your status on SWORDS, on your Account Detail for Term. If it does not include or has incomplete “Authorized Aid” amount, the Financial Aid Office may be waiting on documentation from you. Please make sure you have accepted the awards you wish to use on your Financial Aid Award Letter. You will also need to complete a master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling for federal loans. If you were selected for verification, please make sure to complete and return the required verification documentation as soon as possible. Your financial aid cannot be completed if documentation is missing. More instructions are provided by the Financial Aid Office at: http://www.mga.edu/financial-aid/swords-instructions.aspx
- Make sure you register BEFORE classes begin!
Add Back Policy
Middle Georgia State University students whose schedules are dropped during the drop for non-payment for Late Registration/Drop/Add process may be considered for a full schedule add back once the student provides required financial aid documentation and/or full payment within 2 weeks after the schedule drop is completed, pending professor and administrator approvals. Students will not be able to attend classes while they are not registered, and no schedule changes will be permitted unless student adds classes for later sessions. The Add Back fee is $100.00 effective 7/1/2017.
If you have any questions, please call the Bursar's Office at (877) 238-8664, tickets and live chat are also a way of communication at: ask.mga.edu or stop by one of our campus payment locations in the Student Life Center (Macon), Grace Hall (Cochran), Dublin campus main building, Eastman campus main building, Academic Services building (Warner Robins), or Robins Resident Center (RAFB). We're here to help you!