The Campus Store, in conjunction with Nebraska Book Company, offers select textbooks for rental.
Students may pay the rental price with any tender including financial aid. A credit card number is required as a guaranteed tender for all rental items. The credit card will be charged a replacement
cost of the book and a $15 fee for noncompliance with the rental agreement or not returning the textbook by the close of business on the date specified on the register receipt.
If the credit card payment for the non-returned books is declined, the balance will be assigned to a collection agency. A student whose balance is assigned to a collection agency will be responsible
for paying any collection fees incurred.
Rental items may not be returned to The Campus Store for credit or exchange after the campus store's standard return date. This requirement will be strictly enforced to minimize misuse of the rental
program. Rental agreements cannot be modified after The Campus Store's standard return date and the full fee will be assessed as stated in the rental agreement.
Students must sign a rental agreement at the time of the transaction. When the rental books are returned, the student must sign a receipt stating the books were returned before the due date and in
saleable condition. This receipt should have a $0.00 amount for return.
Sample Standard Agreement
- I am renting and am in receipt of the rental book(s) shown on the receipt. I have paid the non-refundable rental fee, and understand that the return policies of the store also apply to rental items. I acknowledge that the book, whether new or used, is in good condition.
- I acknowledge the non-return replacement cost and replacement fee that appear on the receipt.
- I will return the book to The Campus Store no later than the rental return due date. If I ship the book, it must be received at The Campus Store no later than the return date, shipping prepaid. Any other return will be rejected.
- I will return the book in good salable condition as determined by The Campus Store. All CDs and other component parts included with this book, must be present and in salable condition as determined by the store upon return. Very limited highlighting and writing are acceptable.
- I am responsible for risk of loss from any cause, including theft, lost item(s), or return in unsalable condition, such as damage caused by liquids (rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), fire (scorched), chemical spills, tooth marks (rodents, pets, etc.), missing component parts, and spine damage.
- If I am late or if I fail to return the book, I will pay The Campus Store the non-return replacement cost and non-return processing fee as shown on the receipt and any applicable sales taxes, at any time after the rental return due date. I authorize The Campus Store to withdraw/charge the same debit/credit card account that was left as the deposit account to make this payment.
- I will not exceed the limit or cancel the credit or debit card above until all the rented materials are either returned to The Campus Store or the fees indicated above are paid in full.
- I understand that if payment for any fees associated with this rental agreement is not paid in full that the balance will be assigned to a collection agency or charged to my student account and that I will be responsible for paying any collection fees incurred.
Ways we advertise the Rental Due Date:
The Knightly News
Copy of your agreement
Original sales receipt