Apply to Education Programs
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
Admission Application Procedures
READ and FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!
The School of Education looks forward to your application for admissions to the Bachelor of Science in Education and Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education programs. Acceptance into Middle Georgia State University (MGA) does not automatically grant you acceptance into the School of Education. A separate application, essay, and a potential interview process must be completed in order for you to be considered for the education cohort.
Acceptance is granted on a space available basis. Applicants that meet all admission requirements will be ranked according to their qualifications and admitted in order of their rank, starting with the most qualified, until all available spaces are filled. As such, not all individuals who meet the admission requirements may be admitted. Deadline dates for Fall semester is March 1.
Complete applications should be received by the deadline.
Incomplete applications will result in a
delay in admissions to the School of Education.
- BS in Education with a major in Early Childhood Special Education (PreK - 5th grade Dual Certification)
- BS in Secondary Education (6th - 12th grade) with concentration in
- Admittance to MGA and in “good” standing with the university. (Disciplinary action at Middle Georgia State University and/or any other institution that the student has attended or while in the military may prevent admission.)
- Individual Program Admissions Requirements must be met and can be found in the current academic catalog (http://www.mga.edu/academics/academic-catalog.aspx).
APPLICATION PACKET FORMS: (ALL FORMS CAN BE FILLED IN ELECTRONICALLY BY DOWNLOADING TO YOUR COMPUTER, FILL-IN, SAVE, PRINT COPY FOR SUBMISSION).
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Student Information Sheet (pdf)
- GACE Program Admissions scores or proof of exemption
Proof of exemption documents:
- Test I - Reading (Code 200)
- Test II - Mathematics (Code 201)
- Test III - Writing (Code 202)
- Combined Test I, II, III (Code 700)
Registering for the Program Admission assessment:
- *Official College Board SAT score report (minimum combined critical reading/math score of 1000)
- *Official ACT score report (minimum combined English/Math score of 43)
- Official GRE score report (minimum combined verbal/quantitative score of 1030 prior to August 1, 2011 or minimum combined verbal/quantitative score of 297 if taken after August 1, 2011)
- *Official MGA transcript showing SAT/ACT/GRE scores (fee required - request from Registrar’s Office)
- *Official transcript from another USG institution showing SAT/ACT/GRE scores
- OFFICIAL Copy of SAT/ACT scores (see list of documents in #3 - official transcript from MGA or another UAG institution)
- Background Check (pdf) (Not to be processed until directed to do so by the School of Education.)
- Recommendation Form (pdf) - Make copies or send link as necessary, an electronic signature can be added to the document.
- Two (2) recommendations from university-level instructors from MGA and/or previous institutions, one (1) professional recommendation
- Applicant needs to submit the Certificate of Completion of GACE 350 – Program Entry Ethics as required for admission to a program.
Registering for the Educator Ethics assessment is a four-step process:
Complete the eight modules in 2.5-3 hours, and include the Certificate of Completion in the application packet.
- Create or update your MyPSC account at www.gapsc.com using your legal name as shown on a driver’s license or other ID document, and select testing Reason #7, “I am taking the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment.”; select Middle Georgia State University on the Program tab, and select GACE 350 on the Assessment tab.
- The GaPSC sends your profile and eligibility information to ETS.
- ETS sends you an email with a link to the Educator Ethics system.
- Access the Educator Ethics assessment system, select Test Takers under Registration, create your account, and register and pay the $30 fee online, indicate Middle Georgia State University as a score recipient
- The applicant needs to complete the GaPSC Pre-Service Certification Application (pdf) either in black ink or type as follow:
Do not submit it to GaPSC, turn in with your application package.
- Page 1: Fill in section 1 in ALL CAPS. Answer all questions on section 2 making sure to fill in the complete bubble. Sign but do not date page 1.
- Page 3: (O.C.G.A. 1§50-36-1(e)(2) Affidavit) Follow the directions on page 2 to complete page 3.
Recommendations must be in a sealed envelope with the seal signed by the person completing the form. It is the applicant's responsibility to collect the recommendation forms and include them in your completed application packet.
ESSAY: Students who have a completed application packet submitted by the deadline and who meet the minimum criteria will be scheduled for an essay. The essay will take place at the Testing Center on the Macon or Cochran Campus. Topics will be random.
INTERVIEWS: Students who have a completed application packet submitted by the deadline may be scheduled for an interview. This interview will be conducted by School of Education Faculty and/or Administration.
Admissions and Certification Officer