Degree Programs Offered:
Master Program Offered
Applying to school of education programs
- Complete application packet located on MGA School of Education website.
- Present official GACE Program Admission Assessment scores or proof of exception.
- Complete criminal background check.
- Meet the curriculum and minimum GPA requirements for program.*
- Complete recommendation form requirements for program.*
- Present Certificate of Completion of Georgia Educator Ethics Entry Assessment (GACE a. 350).
- Complete GaPSC Pre-Service Certificate Application.
*See MGA Catalog or contact School of Education Academic Advisor for specific information.
Admission process & timeline
Fall 2015 - Early Spring 2016:
- Take GACE Program Admission Assessment
- Gather Letters of Recommendation
- Meet with School of Education Academic Advisor to ensure program of study is on track.
- Complete GACE Educator Ethics Entry (350)
Submit Application to School of Education
- Early Childhood Special Education and Secondary Track deadline: March 1, 2016
Prospective candidates will submit their application packet by March 1, 2016. Prospective candidates may still have coursework and application requirements remaining to satisfy but should submit application in order to acknowledge their intent to enroll with Fall cohort.
March – Summer 2016:
- Prospective candidates will be required to interview and write a sample essay.
- Once students have completed all application requirements the School of Education will request a Pre-Service Certificate from the GaPSC.
- Upon receipt of a copy of the Pre-Service Certificate by the School of Education the prospective candidate will be notified in writing by the School of Education of their acceptance.
- Upon acceptance, evening track paraprofessionals are required to submit a Principal Consent Form.
Note: These fees are accrue throughout the duration of the program.
- Field Fees range from $75-150 per semester
- Liability insurance ($20)
- LiveText Electronic Portfolio ($120)
- GACE Content Area Assessments (see GACE website for fees)
- GA Educator Ethics Exit Assessment ($30)
- EdTPA Portfolio Assessment ($300)
*These costs are estimates and subject to change.