MGA General Education Council
Membership: The MGA General Education Council (GEC) consist of the chairs of departments that provide
courses in the core curriculum, the coordinator of Area B courses, and one faculty member who teaches
in each of the core areas.
Functions: The MGA General Education Council addresses issues related to the core curriculum and
student progression through the core. Accordingly, the council will provide oversight of the following:
- All areas of the core curriculum A through E, and Area F
- Assessments of general education outcomes
- Consistency of core courses on all MGA campuses
- Institutional compliance to all BOR and SACSCOC core curriculum guidelines and requirements
- Recommendations to Academic Affairs for improvement of the core curriculum including modification and development of new core courses.
- Student progression through the core
Curriculum Approval and Process
All proposals that deal with the core curriculum which are submitted to Academic Affairs will initially be sent to the
MGA General Education Council. Upon review, the council will make recommendations of the proposal to the VPAA.