Applying for Aid
The Middle Georgia State Federal
School Code is: 001581
- To receive consideration for Federal Financial Aid (Pell, SEOG, College Work-Study and/or Loans) you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This can be done electronically at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- It takes approximately 2 weeks for the office of financial aid to receive the results of the application. This time is shortened considerably if you sign the application electronically. All the instructions are located at the above website.
- Once MGA receives the results from your FAFSA, you may have to submit some additional documentation if your application is selected for verification. You will be notified of forms needed. Verification does lengthen the time to process a student's file; therefore, it is imperative that you respond immediately with all requested documentation.
- To apply for HOPE or Zell Miller scholarship only you can complete the state application at http://www.gacollege411.org.
- To apply for a loan: All federal student loans (subsidized, unsubsidized and parent) processed at MGA will be Federal Direct loans. Once MGA has received your FAFSA and all other processing requirements have been met, you will be offered the maximum loan eligibility limits based on federal guidelines. You will then need to log into your SWORDS account and follow these instructions to web accept loan funds offered: http://www.mga.edu/financial-aid/swords-instructions.aspx.
You will also need to go to the Direct Loan website at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
to complete a required Master Promissory Note (MPN) if this has not previously been completed at MGA and entrance counseling. Note: You will need to sign in using your Department of Education FSA ID.
- Once we have received all applicable information, our normal processing time can take up to 4 weeks. During peak periods such as registration, processing may be longer. Therefore, it is imperative to start the process early to ensure that your funds will be available when fees are due.
For more information, please contact us toll-free at 1 (877) 238-8664 or email us at .
NOTE:Emails must be submitted via your MGA e-mail account and should include your MGA Student ID Number.
Click here to learn more about various scholarships offered through the Middle Georgia State University Foundation.