Summer 2015 Financial Aid
Please read this important
information about eligibility for summer financial aid:
To be considered for summer 2015 Financial Aid, you must:
- Be accepted for admission by the university and enrolled in an eligible degree program.
- Complete the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Renewal FAFSA. The 2014-2015 FAFSA is available online at
www.fafsa.gov through June 30, 2015; however, MGA’s Priority Date for summer aid consideration is March 1, 2015.
Disbursement of Financial Aid Funds
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is monitored at the end of each term. You must be meeting the minimum standards for SAP by the end of any given enrollment period at
MGA in order to maintain financial aid eligibility.
- Disbursement of most financial aid funds to students will occur once you establish half-time (6 hours) attendance.
- You must have completed Entrance Counseling requirements and have a signed Master Promissory Note (MPN) on file before loan funds will disburse.
- If you have been awarded your maximum Direct Stafford Loan eligibility during the Fall/Spring 2014-2015 terms, you will not be eligible for loan funds during the summer 2015 term.
- Register early for summer classes!
- Grant funding is limited for the summer. Apply early!
- The later a student submits their FAFSA and/or Summer Application, the later their funds will be available. Students who file a late FAFSA application will be expected to pay
their own expenses and wait until their funds arrive to be reimbursed.
- Check your official MGA email regularly. Official notifications from our office will be sent via email whenever possible.
- Visit www.mga.edu/financial-aid/ regularly for additional important information and updates.