Georgia Academy Admission Requirements
There are several minimum academic standards that students must meet to qualify for the Georgia Academy. In addition to those, we take into consideration a number of other personal, academic and disciplinary issues.
A Student Must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in academic core courses and be on an accelerated College Preparatory Curriculum.
- Have an SAT math/critical reading aggregate score of 1100 with a minimum math score of 560 and a minimum critical reading score of 530 (A minimum score on one portion will require a higher score on the other to earn
the 1100. The essay portion is not being considered at this time.)
- Have an ACT score of 24 including a minimum math score of 24 and a minimum English score of 23.
Note: A very limited number of students whose SAT/ACT scores are close to the minimum requirements and who possess compelling academic characteristics such as performance in accelerated courses or outstanding grades in English and math courses may be considered for admission on a provisional basis. These decisions will be determined on a case by case basis with recommendation letters and the results of a personal interview taken into consideration. If accepted, the students must obtain greater than a 2.5 GPA in order to continue in the Academy.
- Disciplinary history
- Recommendations from qualified references
- Results of on-campus interview of student and parents
- Level of maturity
- Compatibility of student motivation and academic goals