Definition of an International Student:
- You are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and are currently in the United States on an F-1 student Visa.
- You will require an F-1 visa to enter and study in the United States.
- You are currently in the United States on some other class of visa. A copy of your visa from your passport must be submitted.
Middle Georgia State’s Office of Graduate Studies welcomes applicants from other countries. International applicants interested in our graduate programs should complete the steps listed below.
Please note MGA offers degree programs online.* International Students who wish to pursue an online degree while remaining in their own country should follow steps 1-5 and notify the Office of Graduate Admissions that you wish to be a distance learner studying in your own country.
- Complete the
Graduate Studies Application
- $30 application fee paid online
- Get official transcripts of all non-U.S. colleges attended evaluated by an official U.S. Credential Evaluation Service. The results should be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions directly from the evaluator. International applicants must have the equivalent of an U.S. Bachelor’s Degree. A course-by-course and grade point average (GPA) evaluation is required for college/university records. World Education Services is our preferred credential evaluator and they can be reached at 212-966-6311 or www.wes.org.
- Request that all U.S. colleges/universities that you have attended or are attending, send your official academic transcript to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Submit required documents for program of interest to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency. Request that your official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office. For additional information regarding the TOEFL, please visit www.ets.org
Exceptions to the English (TOEFL) Requirement: Applicants holding a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- Submit an affidavit of financial support, a letter from your family or sponsor stating they will pay for your education, and certified bank records showing three months of transactions with a balance of at least $24,625 per year available to you for your educational and living expenses in the United States. Please be advised that Middle Georgie State does not offer a financial aid program for International Students.
Once all required documents have been received, the completed application packet will be forwarded to the respective department for review.
If you are currently attending another college or university in the U.S. and wish to transfer to Middle Georgia State, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions.
International students are required to submit proof of immunization for certain communicable diseases. Immunization certification must be submitted on the form supplied by the college. Health insurance is mandatory for international students.
Required documents other than official transcripts, test scores, and credential evaluation reports may be
imaged and emailed to ,
faxed to 478.929.6714, or mailed to Graduate Admissions 100 University Blvd, Suite 217, Warner Robins, GA 31093 USA. If you have any questions please contact our office at 478.929.6865
*MGA does not offer student visas for fully online programs.