Questions, Concerns, or Complaints
Middle Georgia State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Educational and Employment Opportunity institution. Factors of race, national origin, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, or disability are not considered in the admission or treatment of students or in employment. It is the intent of the institution to comply with all Federal and State laws and regulations related to nondiscrimintation, including but not limited to: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent executive orders, as well as Title IX and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The Office of Graduate Studies is committed to a student-friendly environment where everyone is treated with respect and student concerns are addressed by professionals who comply with all Federal, State, Board of Regents, and University regulations and policies. Any student who has a question, concern, or complaint should first address the matter with either a member of the graduate faculty or their Graduate Program Coordinator (GPC).
- The GPC for the Master of Science in Information Technology is Dr. Kevin Floyd, Chair of the School of Information Technology, who can be reached at . (478) 471-2801
- The GPC for the Master of Science in Nursing is Dr. Darrell Thompson, Associate Dean of the School of Health Sciences, who can be reached at . (478) 471-2882
Students are advised to make this initial contact by sending an email that contains a brief description of the question, concern, or complaint. If the initial request for a solution is not satisfactory, or if a student believes that the issue is not appropriate for consultation with a faculty member or the GPC, the student should contact the school dean.
- The Dean for the School of Information Technology is Dr. Alex Koohang, who can be reached at . (478) 471-2801
- The Interim Dean for the School of Health Sciences is Dr. Charles Matson, who can be reached at . (478) 471-2783.
Students may also contact the Dean of Graduate Studies, Dr. Kevin Cantwell, who can be reached at or (478) 929-6712 on the Warner Robins Campus. In certain circumstances, a student may want to direct the question, concern, or complaint outside of the academic unit; as such, students may contact the Office of Student Affairs.
- The Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs is Mr. Michael Stewart, who can be reached at . (478) 757-7383.
Ethics and Compliance Hotline
File a report online at https://mga.alertline.com
Issues Involving Discrimination
Title IX (gender discrimination, including sexual harassment and misconduct)
Policy Questions & Comments
Open Records Requests