Tech Access & Support
Before you start your classes, these are the links and contacts for technical services you will need to be a fully online student in the graduate programs at Middle Georgia State University. For issues directly related to a course site, contact the instructor by email first.
- For setting up your email account, go to:
- For access to and setting up SWORDS (Student Web Organized Records & Data System):
- For access to online learning platforms (BrightSpace/D2L), go to:
- For BrightSpace login, 24/7 support, browser requirements, etc., go to:
- For in-depth BrightSpace FAQ:
Hint: With any access that requires a birthday, check with the Registrar’s Office if you cannot get access, since sometimes a birth date has been keyed incorrectly.
- For general tech support questions, contact the Help Desk, which has a direct line during normal business hours EST:
(478) 471-2023 or (478) 934-3319
- For a tutorial for taking an online course: