Notes for Graduates
Guests will be required to have tickets to attend the graduation ceremony. Graduates will receive five tickets for their graduation ceremony. The availability of additional tickets is limited and will be given on a first come first served basis. Beginning April 24th, graduates may request a maximum of (2) two additional tickets by submitting a request, in person, to the Registrar’s Office on the Macon Campus. A form will be provided at the Registrar’s counter.
- Professional attire is appropriate for the ceremony. Preferred attire is dark clothing and shoes.
- You will be standing and walking on concrete. You are strongly encouraged to wear comfortable shoes.
- You will be walking on jointed staging. Keep this in mind when selecting shoes.
Arrival and Check In:
- For the 10:00 a.m. ceremony, you should plan to arrive no later than 8:00 a.m.
Park in the East Parking Lot.
- For the 2:00 p.m. ceremony, you should plan to arrive no later than 12:00 p.m.
Park in the East Parking Lot.
- Report to the lobby of the Student Life Center on the Macon Campus for directions to your check-in station.
- If you have mobility, visual or hearing impairment or if you need any special assistance, please notify the Office of Disability Services (Allen Chastain, ) as soon as possible.
Line-Up, Processional and Recessional:
- Faculty marshals will assist you in lining up by degree and in alphabetical order.
- Regarding the Processional (march in) and Recessional (march out), you will follow
Faculty Marshals from your academic school in to and out of the arena.
- Be prepared for the ceremony to last approximately 1.5 hours.
- You may be photographed/videotaped by local media. Remove your gum before the processional.
Caps and Gowns:
CAPS AND GOWNS will be available:
Applicants who applied after January 20th and those who did not pick up their caps and gowns at the Grad Finale event in March, may pick up their caps and gowns beginning April 24th through May 5th, at noon from the campus Bookstore. Macon and Cochran Bookstore hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; 8:00 a.m.-12:00 noon on Fridays.
For your convenience, if you study at the Dublin, Eastman or Warner Robins campus, you may request that your cap and gown be sent to the Macon or Cochran Campus Store.
Speak to your Campus Store staff for assistance.
- The cap should be placed on the head so that the mortarboard is level and the tassel hangs down the right side.
- The long point of the crown should be in back and the front point should be well down on the forehead.
- During the ceremony, President Christopher Blake will confer your degrees upon you as a group. At that time, he will tell you that you may move your tassels from the right to the left. You will do this as a group.
- You may wear regalia (stoles, cords, etc.) sponsored by Middle Georgia State University or the college’s Recognized Student Organizations. No other regalia will be permitted.
- Under no circumstances can students embellish their gowns. Students wishing to embellish their mortarboards for graduation may do so as long as the decoration is appropriate to the formal celebratory nature of a Graduation Ceremony and is related to one of the following areas:
- Graduate’s school or major;
- Graduate’s hometown; and/or
- Expressions of gratitude.
By June 16th, your degree will be posted to your academic history. As of that day, you may request your transcript online following the standard process as detailed on the Registrar’s web page: www.mga.edu/registrar.
Diplomas will be mailed to your address of record (on file in the Banner Information System) by July 17th.
GradImages is the company responsible for taking your photograph as you walk across the stage to receive your diploma cover from President Christopher Blake. Your electronic photo proof will be sent to your college e-mail address. If you want your electronic proof sent to a different or multiple e-mail addresses, go to www.gradimages.com and click on “Pre-Event Email Registration” tab on the menu bar at the top of the page. Enter “Middle Georgia State University” in the search box then enter your e-mail address(s).
Live Streaming Online:
Live streaming of the Graduation Ceremony will be available for viewing over the Internet from any location in the world. This is an excellent viewing option for family and friends of graduates who are unable to attend Graduation. The link to the broadcast will be posted on the Middle Georgia State University Graduation web page in May: www.mga.edu/live