Advising Information & Resources
Health Services and Respiratory Therapy Advising
Office: Jones 257
Nursing Academic Advisors: Azizza Hardy and Lisa Kelly
Office: Jones 163
All students must meet with their advisor at least once every year to assist with course selection and academic planning. Many academic programs require specific sequencing in order to reach degree completion in a timely manner. Also, students frequently benefit from guidance in exploring potential majors and coordinating career goals with education opportunities or study aboard programs.
This webpage will serve as a type of portal to make it easy for students to access the resources needed during Advising and Registration. Provided to the right are important links to assist students with the processes.
Advisors are expected to...
- Comply with requirements of the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act and other college regulations.
- Understand Middle Georgia State University program/degree requirements and effectively communicate them.
- Assist advisee in making course selections and long term plans.
- Be a point source for resources and referrals.
- Be available throughout the academic year, including prior to and during early registration.
Advisees are expected to...
- Respect the advisor.
- Make, keep, and be on time for appointments.
- Read and apply the information in the Academic Catalog.
- Be prepared for appointments.
- Be familiar with program of study/degree requirements/curriculum (learn about prerequisites, etc.)