PLBSN LLC Program
Apply to the Nursing Living Learning Community
POSTMARKED OR HAND DELIVERED BY MAY 15, 2017
DEPARTMENT OF NURSING – MACON CAMPUS
Application Procedures for Fall 2017
Middle Georgia State University’s Department of Nursing offers a Pre-Licensure Bachelor of Science (PLBSN) Living Learning Community (LLC) program to First Time Freshman. This program provides guaranteed admission into the PLBSN nursing program provided all requirements are continuously met each semester. The benefit of such a program is to provide support, guidance, and leadership to future nursing students.
In addition to meeting the Middle Georgia State University minimum admission criteria, applicants to the Living Learning Community must also meet the following requirement:
- Be fully admitted and in good standing with a high school GPA of 3.0 and an SAT score greater than 1000; if taken after February 2016, the student must have a 530 in Math and a 27 in Reading OR an ACT composite score of 20.
- Major must be declared upon admission as PLBSN (Pre-Licensure Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing)
- Complete an interview with nursing faculty
- Complete a 500 hundred word essay describing reasons for pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Provide three letters of recommendation
To continue eligibility for guaranteed admission into the PLBSN program the applicant must:
- Complete all course work at MGA
- Provide evidence of involvement in community service (a minimum of 10 hours each semester that has been previously approved by the nursing department)
- Attend at least two MGSANS meetings each semester
- Meet monthly with assigned Nursing Faculty Advisor
- Reside on the Macon campus in the Living Learning Community dorm
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in all coursework
Space is limited in the Nursing LLC. First Time Freshman students interested in the Nursing LLC must complete and return an application by May 15, 2017 in order to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
APPLICATION PACKET FORMS:
- Application Checklist
- Student Information Sheet
- 500 hundred word essay describing reasons for pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Three (3) Recommendation Forms (pdf) in a sealed envelope with the seal signed by the person completing the form. It is the applicant’s responsibility to collect the Recommendation Forms and include them in the completed application packet.
Students who have a completed application packet submitted by the deadline may be scheduled for an interview. This interview will be conducted by Department of Nursing Faculty, Staff, and/or Administration.