Financial Technology (eMajor)
Department: School of Information Technology
Contact Information: See Below
Degree Information: Financial Technology (eMajor)
Course Format: eMajor
To meet the demands of Georgia’s prominent Financial Technologies industry, Middle Georgia State University offers both an AS degree and a certificate in Financial Technology (FinTech). Both the AS degree and certificate in Financial Technology are offered entirely online through a combination of eCore online courses, and eMajor courses.
To meet the demands of Georgia’s prominent Financial Technologies industry, Middle Georgia State University is in the process of transitioning this program from an AS in Information Technology to a more specialized program - an AS in Financial Technology (FinTech). Check back soon for more details about this exciting new program.
The AS in Financial Technology will be offered entirely online through a combination of eCore online courses, and eMajor courses.
Facts about the Financial Transactions Technology Industry:
- Georgia is third in the nation in Financial Technology (FinTech) revenue.
- More than 60% of payment processing companies are based in Atlanta, and more than 70% of all U.S. payments processed run through Georgia.
- Georgia's FinTech industry has estimated a need for 10,000 new employees over the next 3 years.
- The average salary for FinTech software engineers tops $100K annually.
Learn more about Georgia's growing FinTech industry.
How to enroll in an eMajor Course:
- Seek Admission: You must be a fully admitted student at Middle Georgia State University. If you are not currently a student at Middle Georgia State University, please visit our admissions page to begin the application process.
- Get Advised: Consult with your MGA academic advisor before registering for any courses. Contact the IT program advisor listed below for specific questions regarding this program, and to discuss if eMajor is right for you.
- Take the Intro Quiz: Complete the introduction quiz. Once you complete the quiz, you will receive a follow-up email from the MGA eMajor Liaison with instructions on how to register for class.
- Register for Class: Once the introduction quiz is completed, and you have received a confirmation email from the MGA eMajor Liaison, you will be able to register for eMajor courses through SWORDS.
MGA eMajor Advisor
MGA eMajor Liaison
Note: Your academic advisor is your first contact for eMajor courses at MGA. The eMajor Liaison is the primary MGA representative for eMajor issues that advisors cannot resolve.
School of Information Technology
Dr. Kevin Floyd
M-F/8am - 5pm EST