For Distance Learners
If you are enrolled in an off-campus MGA distance learning course or online course, you need to know about the following library tools, materials, and services which will aid you in obtaining the
necessary resources to support your coursework.
Books and Other Resources
- GIL Online Catalog - Locate books and other materials in the Middle Georgia State University Library.
- GIL Express Catalog - A joint catalog for all University System of Georgia schools. Use this to request books owned by any USG Library, to be delivered to any USG library.
- Interlibrary Loan - A service to provide access to books not available through the Library's book collection.
- My Library Account - Access your GIL account to renew books, check the status of GIL Express requests, get the GALILEO password.
- GALILEO - The University System of Georgia's premier collection of over 100 electronic databases, some of which include full-text journal articles and other electronic resources.
- Access GALILEO at home - Instructions on accessing electronic resources from off-campus.
- Subject Guides - One-stop-shop to accessing GIL, the Universal Catalog (GIL Express), GALILEO and Library owned databases, and other helpful tools; that are pertinent to your research paper.
- Interlibrary Loan - A service to provide access to articles not available through the Library's own collection.
- Citing Your Sources - Online PDF files containing citation information for APA, MLA, Chicago, and Turabian style guides.
- Ask-A-Librarian - An e-mail reference service that allows you to ask library-related or brief research-related questions.
- Live Chat - Real-time chat with a Librarian where you can ask library-related or brief research-related questions.
- Campus Libraries:
- Macon: 478-471-2709
- Cochran: 478-934-3179
- Dublin: 478-275-6772
- Eastman: 478-374-6833
- Warner Robins: 478-923-0128
- Library tutorials - A compilation of tutorials for using many of the print and electronic resources that are made available through Middle Georgia State University Libraries.