: Library : Graduate Student Resources
For Graduate Students
Greetings graduate students and welcome aboard! Regardless of your field of study, you will have research to do and concepts to explore. The Library is here to help you with that.
Graduate Studies Librarian
- Graduate Studies Librarian web page - Yes! Graduate students get their very own Librarian. Click the link to learn more!
- Resources for Graduate Students subject guide - This subject guide houses even more information regarding resources that are available to you as a graduate students, including off-campus access information and password information, links to tutorials that explain everything from how to find a book to how to find and use a specialized database for your research.
Books and Other Resources
- GIL-Find Catalog - Locate books and other materials in the Middle Georgia State University Library.
- GIL Express Catalog - Use MGA’s GIL-Find catalog, but use the drop-down arrow next to the search box and choose “University System of Georgia” to search all USG college libraries. Then, use the request feature to have books owned by any USG Library to be delivered to any other USG library.
- Interlibrary Loan - A service to provide access to books not available through the Library's book collection.
- My Library Account - Choose “Access my Library Account” from the GIL-Find catalog to renew books, check the status of GIL Express requests, or get the GALILEO password.
- GALILEO - The University System of Georgia's premier collection of over 100 electronic databases, some of which include full-text journal articles and other electronic resources.
- Access GALILEO at home - Instructions on accessing electronic resources from off-campus.
- Subject Guides - One-stop-shop to accessing GIL, the Universal Catalog (GIL Express), GALILEO and Library owned databases, and other helpful tools; that are pertinent to your research paper.
- Interlibrary Loan - A service to provide access to articles not available through the Library's serials collection.
- Citing Your Sources - Online PDF files containing citation information for APA, MLA, Chicago, and Turabian style guides.
- Ask-A-Librarian - An e-mail reference service that allows you to ask library-related or brief research-related questions.
- Live Chat - Real-time chat with a Librarian where you can ask library-related or brief research-related questions.
- Campus Libraries:
- Macon: 478-471-2709
- Cochran: 478-934-3179
- Dublin: 478-275-6772
- Eastman: 478-374-6833
- Warner Robins: 478-923-0128
- Library tutorials - A compilation of tutorials for using many of the print and electronic resources that are made available through Middle Georgia State University Libraries.