Accuplacer Entrance Exam
Click To Register
Accuplacer Entrance Exam Testing Policy
The Testing Services will administer the ACCUPLACER Entrance Exam primarily to Middle Georgia State University applicants.
Students from other institutions may take the Accuplacer/COMPASS Entrance Exam at Middle Georgia State on a space-available basis and must pay a $35 testing fee before taking the test.
Students sign up for the ACCUPLACER Entrance Exam using the on-line registration tool located on the Academic Testing web page, or by contacting an Academic Testing staff member. A valid telephone number and e-mail address is required.
Applicants with High SAT-1 and ACT scores may exempt ACCUPLACER Entrance Testing. Contact the Admissions staff for details toll-free at 1.877.238.8664.
- ACCUPLACER Testing is taken on a computer.
- The ACCUPLACER Reading and Math sections are not timed
- The ACCUPLACER test has three sections: Math (Elementary Algebra), Essay Composition (WritePlacer) and Reading Comprehension.
A valid photo ID card is required for admittance into ACCUPLACER Entrance Testing.
No outside calculators are permitted for the Accuplacer test. The ACCUPLACER software has a calculator and there are loaner calculators in the testing labs.
See the calendar on the Academic Testing web page for the current schedule.
Listed below are retesting guidelines for students entering MGA in the 2017 spring term or later.
- The last date to retest is set by the college leadership according to the academic calendar for the upcoming term(s).
- The retesting options are forfeited if a student attends any mandatory Learning Support classes after his/her entry term's Add/Drop date.
- A student may have up to three chances to pass the Accuplacer Entrance exam.
- The three chances are:
- The initial Accuplacer attempt
- The first retest attempt
- The second retest attempt
- The three chances include all MGA sessions and all remote sessions.
- After testing three times at MGA, a student MAY NOT test at another institution and request those scores be transferred to MGA.
- Students must wait 7 days between the testing attempts.
- Students taking their initial Accuplacer test near the start of the next term may not have any retesting attempts.
- Students must use our online remediation page before taking the second (final) retest. Here is the web page address: http://www.mga.edu/testing-services/Accuplacer-preparation.aspx
- Preparation is the key to passing the Accuplacer retest. Retaking the Accuplacer without preparation wastes your time, your money, and prevents other students from taking the test.
- There is a $35 retesting fee — for one, two, or all ACCUPLACER subjects.
- The fee must be paid for every retesting session attempted by the student.
- The retesting fee is not refundable if a student takes a retest.
- The retesting fee applies to all retesting sessions—those hosted at MGA or set up at a remote testing site.
- A $35 Business Office hold will be placed on a student's Banner web account that retests at a remote testing site.
- The Business Office hold will prevent course registration activity until it is paid.
- The retesting fee may be paid at the Bursar's Office in Macon and Cochran, the Administration Office on the Warner Robins campus, and the front desk at Dublin and Eastman. This fee must be paid before admission into a retesting session.
Students may register for a retesting session online at www.mga.edu/ts.