The School of Education Entrance Essay
The School of Education (SOE) requires a writing sample from each candidate for his or her entry portfolio and the SOE Entrance Essay test becomes the writing sample.
SOE faculty members develop a pool of open-ended questions designed to allow candidates the chance to express themselves on issues that relate to the teaching profession.
How the SOE Entrance Essay is administered:
- Testing sessions are scheduled when requested by the SOE faculty/staff.
- These testing sessions are conducted at the Macon and Cochran testing centers.
- The Testing Services monthly calendar can be viewed at this URL www.mga.edu/ts
- Prospective SOE candidates register for a session at this URL www.mga.edu/tsr
- Candidates must bring a valid photo ID card for admission to a testing session.
- Candidates will use one of the Testing Services general student logons to access the test.
- Candidates must choose one of the two impromptu questions randomly selected from the test bank to write their essay.
- Candidates will be instructed what information to include in the answer’s text box for identification.
- Candidates have sixty (60) minutes to complete the essay
- No outside research is permitted.
- No writing tools such as a thesaurus are allowed.
- The essay is not printed.
- The Testing Services staff sends completed essays to the SOE for processing.