Technology and Oral Competency Requirement
In order to receive a degree, students must demonstrate technology and oral competency through one of the following:
Technical Competency Online Module - effective 2010 fall semester
- Has eight units that students complete and then a comprehensive final exam.
- The module is entirely online and is self-paced.
- There is no time limit for completing the module.
- Students must accrue 60 points in order to satisfy the technical competency requirement.
- Students must contact the Testing Services for enrollment into the module.
- Upon module completion, documentation will be sent to the Registrar's office for academic record updating.
- Call the Macon or Cochran Testing Services office to be added to the BrightSpace/D2L online module.
- Most students fulfill the oral presentation requirement in a FYES class or in their major area of study such as Nursing.
- Students transferring into Middle Georgia State University may need to fulfill the oral competency
- Guidelines for fulfilling the Oral Competency in the Testing Services
- Duration is 3 to 5 minutes
- Students may choose any subject
- Note cards are allowed
- Visual aids are optional
- No Power Point presentations