Free Play Activities and Policies
Free Play Policies: (Updated 5/10/10)
In order to maintain a high level of service to our users, all MGA Recreation & Wellness Program participants must abide by MGA Student Code of Conduct. The Recreation & Wellness staff appreciates your cooperation in creating a friendly, safe, and positive environment for wellness opportunities in all areas of our facility. Participation in Free Play activities is voluntary. All participants must adhere to Free Play Policies and Procedures as well as additional policies set by the Recreation & Wellness Program staff and Middle Georgia State University.
Free Play Policies and Procedures:
- All participants must present their valid MGA Card and be signed-in upon each visit. MGA ID Card are
non-transferrable and are for the exclusive use of the person named on the card. MGA ID Card will be confiscated if presented
by anyone other than the rightful owner.
- Any participant that does not present their MGA ID Card before entering the playing area when Recreation & Wellness staff
is present, will be immediately removed from the floor and not permitted to return until the following game.
- All participants at Free Play must wear appropriate athletic attire. Non-marking tennis or basketball shoes must be worn,
laces must be tied. No clothing with metal, zippers, or rough edges. No open toe or open back shoes allowed. T-shirts must
be full-length and cover the torso.
- Sleeveless shirts are permitted but not cutoff sleeves. No halter tops, half shirts, etc. Shorts or pants must be pulled
up appropriately. If any underclothes are showing, the player will be asked to leave the court and not return that day.
Shorts must be tied to keep from falling down.
- Attire must not contain “offensive” language, designs, or pictures. Jeans and street clothes are strictly prohibited.
- The Recreation & Wellness program provides locker rooms. No changing or removing of clothing items in the Gymnasium.
- Book bags, workout bags, pocketbooks, and books are to be secured in a rented or day use locker. There are a limited number
of day use lockers. The Recreation & Wellness Program is not responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings.
- No chewing gum, tobacco, alcohol, or food allowed. Beverages are only permitted if contained in a plastic sports bottle
with a secured top.
- The MGA gymnasium is open only to MGA faculty, staff, students and alumni. No guests or children are allowed at Free Play.
- Remove all jewelry before participate in Free Play activities.
- No vulgar or obscene language is to be used during free play. All participants must exhibit good sportsmanship.
- Abuse of the facility is prohibited (hanging on the rims, volleyball nets, etc.) and abusers may be responsible for damages.
Violators may be asked to leave.
- MGA accepts no liability for accidents or injuries incurred during participation in recreational activities.
- Free Play activity times are subject to change without prior notice.
- All students must abide by the MGA Student Code of Conduct.
Rules violators are subject to the following penalties:
- Immediate ejection from facilities and barred from remainder of MGA Recreation & Wellness and Student Life activities for the day.
- Suspension from further activities for one week.
- Referral to the Dean of Students and could face disciplinary action.