get your BS in sport managementGroundbreaking for the Peyton Anderson enrollment center.Make sure you receive text notifications about campus safety, weather events, and campus closures. - Update your contact infopresident blake's state of the universityKnights Day 1 Access. Learn how to save up to 80 percent on course materials.Use College Scheduler | Learn more about our new easy way to register for classes


Are You Planning to transfer to MGA?

1) Talk to Admissions to apply. You can start the application process here.

2) Have transcripts from ALL colleges and universities you've attended in the past sent directly to the Admissions Office. This form requesting transcripts from your past colleges or universities attended may be helpful, but isn't necessary.

3) If you have more than 30 transferable earned credit hours, you may be exempt from some freshmen admissions requirements. More details can be found here.

Will All of My classes Transfer?

It depends on what you've taken and where you've taken it.

Course credit from regionally accredited colleges and universities will be accepted.To find out if your previous college or university is regionally accredited, you can look up your university in the US Department Education database here.

If it is accredited by one of the seven accrediting agencies below, we will accept course credit from them:

  • Accrediting Commission for Community & Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools & Colleges
  • Higher Learning Commission (formerly part of North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) (HLC)
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (formerly part of Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools) (MSCHE)
  • New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
  • WASC Senior Colleges & University Commission (WSCUC)

General education courses (such as US History, College Algebra, Intro to Psychology, etc.) will transfer to their MGA counterpart and you will receive credit for them. To get an idea of what general education course credits will transfer, you can visit our Transfer Articulation Catalog here. This does not include every general education course you may have taken.

For courses that are beyond general education and typically reserved for a degree's focus (such as advanced database management, child development, personal finance, etc.), every effort will be made to award credit for these courses which may be used as elective courses in your degree program.

MGA also has agreements, known as Articulation Agreements, with select colleges and universities that allow us to accept course credit that otherwise would not transfer. To see if your previous college or university has an articulation agreement with MGA, click here.

MGA distinguishes between upper and lower level courses. Upper level courses are numbered 300 or 3000 and above. Lower level courses are numbered 200 or 2000 and below. A lower level course may not be transferred for credit for an upper level course at MGA. If you took BIO 211: Cell Biology at another university, for example, we cannot give you credit for MGA's Cell Biology course, which is BIOL 3104: Cell Biology because it's an upper level course.

MGA uses a semester calendar, not a quarter calendar. If your previous college or university used quarters or clock hours or something else, those credits will be converted to semester hours for MGA course credit. A 5 credit course on the quarter system, for example, will convert to a 3.33  semester credit course at MGA.

If you feel that you have not received credit for a course you've taken and should have, you may always petition for a course substitution or exception. The form to do that can be found here.


Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)

MGA recognizes that learning can take place outside of the classroom and through life or work experiences. Prior Learning Assessment at MGA is intended to encourage completing a degree and/or certificate. In many cases, PLA can help students save time and money by reducing the number of courses a student must take.

MGA will also award a maximum of 40 credit hours towards a degree through prior learning assessments which include Advanced Placement Program College Entrance Exam (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES/DSST Subject Examinations, and departmental challenge exams. More information about AP, CLEP, and DSST credit can be found in the catalog here.

For further information about PLAs, please contact the school that your prior learning would fall under:

School of Arts & Letters- 478.471.2490

School of Business- 478.471.2724

School of Health & Natural Sciences- 478.471.2734

School of Aviation- 478.374.6980

School of Computing- 478.471.2801

School of Education & Behavioral Sciences- 478.757.2544


Military Transfer Credit

The total number of hours earned through military experiences cannot exceed 15 credit hours.

Requests for course credit based on military experience can be made through the academic advisor, the program director, the department chair or the Office of the Registrar. The process for receiving military transfer credit is:

  1. Requests for credit is initiated by completing the Military Evaluation Form and turning it in to the Office of the Registrar.
  2. Using the guidelines provided by the American Council on Education (ACE), the Office of the Registrar and the head of the appropriate department (School of Computing, School of Arts & Letters etc.) work together to make a decision on what credit will be awarded.
  3. The Office of the Registrar grants credit upon approval and students may view their credit via their online SWORDS account.